Friday, October 1, 2004

Taking inventory...

It’s been exactly one month since I started Mental Hiccups, so this is something of a celebratory post. When I began, I wasn’t sure blogging was for me. I wasn’t sure what I had to say, or whether it was worth saying. A month later I’m still unsure.

I do know I’ve gotten a bit more comfortable with sharing my thoughts and ideas. I’ve long known that writing forces me to organize and clarify my thinking, but it’s been a treat to watch that tiny miracle unfold each day, and to be rewarded with an occasional new idea or incite. I’m learning that writing is as much exploration as it is expression. I remind myself daily that I don’t need to know what I think before I write, but rather I write to discover what I think. Indeed, there is often a feeling unwrapping a present as I put finger to keypad.

So it’s been an okay month. My non-blog life has been something of a challenge lately, from which Mental Hiccups has been a sort of haven. In most respects the blog is still a big blur to me; I don’t know what it is, or what I want it to be. But that’s okay, for that too is an exploration. Right now I’m content to be cast in the dual role of actor and observer, and I’m curious to see what will evolve.

No comments: