Saturday, October 9, 2004

This should be a commercial...

An e-mailer to Rich Lowry catches Kerry in a real-time flip-flop:

When speaking about Iraq Kerry said:

”Well, let me tell you straight up: I've never changed my mind about Iraq. I do believe Saddam Hussein was a threat. I always believed he was a threat. Believed it in 1998 when Clinton was president. I wanted to give Clinton the power to use force if necessary.”
A few minutes later, now speaking about Iran, Kerry said:

”I don't think you can just rely on U.N. sanctions, Randee. But you're absolutely correct, it is a threat, it's a huge threat.

”And what's interesting is, it's a threat that has grown while the president has been preoccupied with Iraq, where there wasn't a threat.”
Heh.

[via Wizbang via camedwards]

No comments: