Sunday, June 7, 2009

Face lift

I spent the past few days checking out Wordpress, just to see how it compares to Blogger. On the whole I find the Wordpress interface more elegant and enjoyable to use, enough so that I came close to relocating Mental Hiccups. Unfortuately, none of the Wordpress canned themes is quite what I'm looking for, and they can't be modified without paying a fee. I don't blog enough to justify that expense, so a Blogster I remain.

The field trip to Wordpress did motivate me to start fiddling around with my site design here at Blogger, however. My CSS skills are very basic, so it's slow going, and there will likely be some design issues as I move forward. But hopefully I'll close in on a better look than the one I've been using before my inspiration runs out.

No comments: