- At the University of Michigan, Eden Stiffman reports that 87 percent of faculty donations go to Democrats or liberals PACs.
- At Stanford, Lisa Wallace reports that 75 percent of faculty donations go to Democrats.
- At the University of Missouri, professors at 36 times more likely to donate to Democrats than to Republicans.
- At Georgetown, 70 percent of faculty contributions went to Democrats or liberal PACs.
- Boston College is an exception that proves the rule: Morgan Chalfant reports that 62 percent of faculty donations went to Republicans. Yet it would be a mistake to think that BC is some kind of Republican school: Two years ago, 94 percent of faculty donations went to Democrats. So the anomalous 2010 results may be the Scott Brown effect.
Friday, October 29, 2010
Lack of intellectual diversity in academia
Posted by Freeven at -- 1:05 PM