Friday, September 7, 2012

So the president likes golf

I read today that President Obama has played 140 rounds of golf in the past 9 days. (Those numbers may be off; I'm going from memory and I'm too lazy to look it up.) I'm sure I'm supposed to be outraged by this, but I have no idea why. Why should I care if Obama plays a lot of golf? Is he supposed to be presidenting 24 hours a day? I figure his days are plenty full, and plenty stressful, and if golf is his way of getting away from it all, that's okay with me.

I felt the same way about Bush-43 and his vacations. People complained that he vacationed too much, but that didn't upset me either. It's not like these guys drop off the grid when they take time off. People know where to find them. And they still seem to have plenty of time to figure out ways to spend my money and meddle in my life, so it's not like they are getting behind in their work.

I also read today that Michelle Obama spent a billion dollars on a dress. (Maybe it was only a million; I'm going by memory again.) But unless she bought the dress with tax payer money, again, so what? She's filthy rich, and rich people buy nice stuff. That's kind of the whole point of being rich in the first place, isn't it? I can tell you right now that if I ever get rich I'm sure as hell going to buy a of nice stuff.

I guess the point is supposed to be that the Obamas are "out of touch." I'm not even exactly sure what that means, but I do know that I don't care. I don't need the president or his family to "feel my pain," and I don't give a putt what they do with their own money.

All I care about is what the president and his friends are doing with my money -- and that is definitely a cause for outrage.

No comments: