Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Chris Christie plays dirty?

Chris Christie is being accused of manufacturing a massive traffic jam as revenge against a Democratic mayor who failed to endorse Christie in his reelection bid for New Jersey Governor. Democrats are outraged.
The governor faced swift and outspoken outrage from Democrats in the statehouse, some of whom saw the emails as the "smoking gun" tying Christie to the closures, as N.J. Sen. Majority Leader Loretta Weinberg, who represents the Fort Lee area, put it.
If the accusation is true, Democrats should be outraged, and so should Republicans. We need to crack down hard and fast on corruption and abuse of power in our public servants.
 
We don't yet know all the details, but if they are as presented, and these emails can be linked directly to Christie, it should cost him not only his reelection bid, but his current governorship as well. I don't know what legal or criminal actions would be appropriate, but I'd be in favor of pursuing those as well. If you intentionally use your position to violate the public trust, you should be taken down.

Update: Christie responds:
What I’ve seen today for the first time is unacceptable. I am outraged and deeply saddened to learn that not only was I misled by a member of my staff, but this completely inappropriate and unsanctioned conduct was made without my knowledge.
One thing is clear: This type of behavior is unacceptable and I will not tolerate it because the people of New Jersey deserve better. This behavior is not representative of me or my Administration in any way, and people will be held responsible for their actions.

No comments: