Sunday, September 5, 2004

Okay, now I'm convinced...

When Dennis Hastert used the phrase “drug groups” in questioning the source of funding for George Soros' 527 activities, some felt it was a deliberate attempt to link Soros to the drug cartel. I wasn’t convinced. I am now. Eugene Volokh links to a more explicit quote:
Well, you find out that if you look into the record, I was against the Campaign Finance Reform Act because that's what I felt that would happen, that you would push into guys like George Soros, who's dumping in $16 or $20 million. We don't know where that money comes from. We don't know where it comes from, from the left, and you don't know where it comes in the right. You know, Soros' money, some of that is coming from overseas. It could be drug money. We don't know where it comes from.
Boo!

Shame on Hastert for the cheap attack. Shame on Hastert for denying he made it. And Shame on Hastert for not being man enough to apologize.

No comments: