Friday, December 3, 2010

Put your tax money where your mouth is

I'm not going to accept Don Surber's challenge, because government already has too much of our money, but for those of you who think taxes should be higher, don't let us evil conservatives stop you:
Gifts to the United States

Citizens who wish to make a general donation to the U.S. government may send contributions to a specific account called "Gifts to the United States." This account was established in 1843 to accept gifts, such as bequests, from individuals wishing to express their patriotism to the United States. Money deposited into this account is for general use by the federal government and can be available for budget needs. These contributions are considered an unconditional gift to the government. Financial gifts can be made by check or money order payable to the United States Treasury and mailed to:

Gifts to the United States
U.S. Department of the Treasury
Credit Accounting Branch
3700 East-West Highway, Room 6D37
Hyattsville, MD 20782

Any tax-related questions regarding these contributions should be directed to the Internal Revenue Service at (800) 829-1040.
If you'd like to part with even more of your money, I'm accepting "unconditional gifts" as well. Money sent to me will go into my "general fund" and will be used for my "budget needs." I'll happily accept checks, money orders, or cash. Alternatively, you can just leave your credit card info in the comment section.

Oh, and thanks for your stupidity patriotism.

No comments: